Kaytee Blue Sparkle Dust?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paws4Chins

Chin Spirit
I have decided to give Blue Sparkle a try to see if it does not aggravate my asthma as much as Blue Cloud. I ordered a small amount from a member with a recent wood/toy order. I checked with a local exotic pet store and they ordered Blue Sparkle for me. I don't want to have to pay shipping every time I need dust. When I went to pick it up today a saw that it was made by Kaytee but did not say Blue Sparkle. I looked at the dust and it looks like the previous Blue Sparkle I ordered and had the little sparkles. Does anyone know if this dust from Kaytee is Blue Sparkle or something else?

I believe the dust from Kaytee and Blue Sparkle are the same thing, just different names... I could be wrong, though, or that may have changed in the past few years.

I have compared Kaytee and Blue Sparkle. To me Kaytee isn't as finely ground as Blue Sparkle and didn't clean quite as well. I found L&M Farms dust to be more like Blue Sparkle.

Essentia, are you saying that the Kaytee brand is not blue sparkle just looks like it? I have pet Chins...will it harm them if I use it until it is gone...I just purchased a small container.

i don't think it will harm them, it just won't do as good a job as the real blue sparkle. as long as you're buying the real stuff after this small container is gone, i don't see a problem.

another option would be to take the kaytee stuff back to the store and tell them that you had not asked for kaytee brand, and would like a refund.

Essentia, are you saying that the Kaytee brand is not blue sparkle just looks like it? I have pet Chins...will it harm them if I use it until it is gone...I just purchased a small container.

It absolutely will not harm your chins. I was just saying that I didn't find it quite as finely milled/ground as Blue Sparkle. It's not a bad dust. There are some out there that I would recommend you not use (the scented, the bath sand, etc.) but Kaytee isn't one of them.

Back