Jasper's Bald Spot

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodrow724

Chin-obsessed
My poor baby is just a problem child right now lol. Talked to the vet over the phone, he said to not be concerned about his poo unless other symptoms are coming with it or it continues for an extended period of time, he said it was stress-induced. So, I'm on major poop patrol and if it isn't cleared up I'm taking him in.

When we got him he had a spot on his butt with extremely short hair. I asked about it and was told it was from a tiff as a baby with another chin. We've had him 2 1/2 weeks and it's already pretty much fully grown in, which makes me think it wasn't from a fight early on in life, or it wouldn't have still been practically bald. He was with a cage mate at the breeder so my question is, should I be concerned for fur chewing with him or do you think it was just from another chin like I was told?

He may have been stressed and chewed. If things are calmer at your place he may stop - he may not. Try to keep things calm and quiet and see how he does.

Thank you guys! I figured it was chewing, good news is he hasn't done it since he's been here, yay! I'm definitely going to keep a close eye on him.

Back