I've been adopted...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stackie

I bite.
Most of you that have me on facebook already know this, but it looks like I have a new fur baby!

Friday night Phil and I went out to dinner with his parents who were in town. We were probably gone 2 hours. When we got back, I opened the door to our hallway that our apartment is in and this little white blob attacks me. She was so happy to see someone that her butt was wagging a mile a minute. Our hallways aren't air conditioned and it was extremely hot out, so it was at least 100 degrees in there. There's no way she got in there herself..she won't even go up the stairs by herself, and she couldn't open the doors to get in there..so I'm sure someone left her there.

I knocked on every apartment door in our building and no one claimed her nor recalled seeing her. I took her the next day to get checked for a microchip but she wasn't chipped either.

She has a cherry eye. This is the only reason why I can see someone would have dumped her. She is pretty much the perfect dog- she loves being around people, loves playing with other kids and dogs, and just has an awesome all around personality. I wasn't sure if I was going to keep her at first, but after spending the weekend with her, there's no way I could let her go. She even has convinced my boyfriend to let us keep her...she had him convinced within 10 minutes of being in our apartment.

She has separation anxiety issues- she whines anytime she is left alone. She's pretty good about going potty outside. I'm pretty diligent on taking her out so she's only had a couple accidents inside. I'm crate training so hopefully this helps.

She got her 1st round of vaccines today and medication for a spot on her face and her cherry eye. If the meds don't help the eye, she will have corrective surgery for it the same time she gets spayed.

Not sure what she's a mix of..I was thinking pit bull, but the vet said basset hound? I don't see it, but he says it's because she has such a long body and short stocky legs. Tell me what you think!

She also doesn't have a name yet, but I'm leaning toward Hemi or Josey. Boyfriend wants a car related name.

Sorry for the novel. Here's some puppy pics :))

IMG_5357.jpg

IMG_5359.jpg

IMG_5360.jpg

IMG_5363.jpg

Having worked with several vets I can say that most are not very breed savvy. She definitely looks to have some pitbull in her, but it will be easier to see what breeds are there when she's full grown.

She's adorable, congrats!

This girlie is WAY too cute for a car name! I agree with Cindy and say Sadie. She is super cute

Awww...she's so adorable! How could you say no to that little precious baby? She reminds me so much of my little Joey, he has markings much like her. Could she have some Jack Russell in her?

Congrats on the new pup. It stinks that someone abandoned her, BUT she has a great home now.

She is way too cute! I can't believe someone abandoned her. If you go for a car name, Josey is cute. Hemi is too boyish.

Definitely agree she's got some Jack Russell terrier in her, and Bassetts can be prone to cherry eye, as well as the low-slung body type, so maybe ... I don't see an Pittie in her, her face is too narrow and nose to long, far as I can tell.

How about Mustang or Maverick - good low-slung cars and names, not gender specific, either ...

Last edited:
Awww she's so cute. Kia is a cute name...or Josie is really cute too!!

Is she big? It's hard to tell her size in the picks...she may have some mastiff in her?

Shelby's a cute name. My suggestion was going to be Mustang Sally! Haha, though it's not technically a car name. Mustang Shelby it is then!!! Now all I can think of is the song with "Shelby" in it instead of "Sally", heh.

She's pretty adorable.

Latest posts

Back