Issues with FN181 assembly

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone else got a new FN 181? Mine came today and just looking at all the parts they look fine, nothing LOOKS bent. But I get all the way to the side panels part and the left foot on each panel does not line up with the frame at all. I googled this and searched CnH first and found that people pounded the feet with hammers/rubber mallets or used dremmel tools to shape either the foot on the side or the hole it goes into. Before I go ruining a new cage and since my children just got home from school and it is Friday (making phone calls is a bad idea because I won't be able to actually carry on a conversation), does anyone have any ideas if I should try and straighten them myself? Has anyone called the company that makes this cage about this issue? I won't be able to call today, but I can send them an email and I doubt they'll get back to me today.

Being new it takes awhile for my comments to post, so between this afternoon and this evening my husband figured out that if he hammered it just a little on every side while the pieces were in place(just body weight didn't do it) it opened up the holes a little enough to let the feet of the sides slip in. If anyone else has a problem with this maybe this will help them!

I didn't have a problem with the feet, but I had a problem with only I believe one side panel, where I did use a hammer, It didn't ruin the cage or anything and everything fits really good. I made of the holes that one of the side panels goes into, bigger using the hammer, but that was about it. I think a few people have to use a hammer sometimes to get them to fit perfectly. Luckily I only did it once.

I had a problem with the whole cage lol nothing seemed to fit right. We used a rubber mallet to get everything in place. At least I know this thing will stand for a long time and I will probably never be able to get it apart.

I used a hammer on mine to get them to fit in, it was the critter nation, but even so my top section doesn't fit properly because it's warped. Kind of sad when you pay that much money for a cage then need to "make" it work.

Back