Is this an ok toy

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paws4Chins

Chin Spirit
Is the Ware Treat-K-Bob safe? It is a refillable toy and you can buy refill wood for it. The toy does not list the type of wood and says the dye is natural and safe.

http://www.waremfginc.com/sa-detaildisplay.aspx?itemno=03001

What about these other chews from Ware? There is a bunch

http://www.waremfginc.com/sa-AltGroupdisplay.aspx?itemgroup=WIG19&Cat=SA&Sub_Cat=CAT

I know as a general rule pet store stuff is not all that safe but these seemed to look OK but I wanted to double check before purchase.

I think that the all wood chew items are fine, the loofah and the willow products. I would not give my chins those rice pops and some of the stuff from the "chew a lot line" of products. You can find lots of great chew items for your chins that people sell here that are a lot cheaper than that ware stuff

Last edited:
I prefer to buy wood in bulk because it is much more well liked by the chins, and it's a whole ton cheaper. I also purchase my willow/loofah items in bulk from bird supply stores.

That said, everything on both those pages are safe for chinchillas. :)

I know I can get toys and chews from members and have done so. However you still have to pay for shipping. I wanted to be able to get some things from pet stores on occasion when I want to get them a little something extra and not have to buy enough items to make shipping worth it. Yes, I would not think the treat puffs are good to give...I mainly was interested in knowing about the wood toys.

I know I can get toys and chews from members and have done so. However you still have to pay for shipping. I wanted to be able to get some things from pet stores on occasion when I want to get them a little something extra and not have to buy enough items to make shipping worth it. Yes, I would not think the treat puffs are good to give...I mainly was interested in knowing about the wood toys.

i agree! i love the idea of supporting one another, but shipping can hurt when you buy as much as i do, plus going out and buying gives me an excuse to go shopping...

i wish we could all share information on toys and wood in our respective cities, on here--or buddy up with one another to buy in bulk and share shipping charges. i hate to sound cheap, but i have a small zoo over here, shipping isn't something i love paying for.

I bought those ware skewers but Ruby didn't seem to like the wood on them so I took everything off and replaced it with some wood I got from Ronda, bagel chews, and bamboo shredders :)

I have the kabobs and I agree my boys love them a lot more with the natural woods on them. The wooden things are okay. The loofah things are okay. I'll be honest, there's a pet store right next to work and on days when I get tips I can't help but mosey over there and at least look at the willow houses. The wooden stuff and bedding is all I'll buy though.

Back