Introducing Bridget!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoriL

I would like to introduce you all to our new hedgehog, Bridget!

Our precious Lucy passed away in April after an illness. We decided to bring home a new baby. We got her from Double S Hedgehog Ranch.

My girls named her Bridget and she has been with us for about a week now.

She has an interesting personality (they all do). She really likes to go under her liner, but then seems to get lost under it. So I'll walk in to find this lump moving along under the liner. The main problem with this is that her water in her water bowl is sloshing all over the place and she used to wheel like crazy and now she just can't seem to find the wheel any longer once she gets under that liner. It's like she's trapped in the underworld. I'll pick her up in the morning from under it and she'll go to her food and then look for the igloo opening. Crawl up over the igloo, no that's not it, miss the opening, go to the other side...It takes awhile...

Anyway, here is her picture:

Bridget.jpg

It's like she's trapped in the underworld. I'll pick her up in the morning from under it and she'll go to her food and then look for the igloo opening. Crawl up over the igloo, no that's not it, miss the opening, go to the other side...It takes awhile...

That is so funny, what an endearing little creature. She's cute too, I love her face! I don't usually like the paler hedgies, but I just have to make an exception for little Bridget!

Lori, I am so happy for you and your girls!!! What deserving parents all of you are. I remember all of the Lucy stories and sagas and how loved she was. Lucy was truly a beautiful and special little girl. Bridget (almost my namesake) looks like an angel. I look forward to many years of Bridget stories and pictures!!!!!!!!! Bridgette

Thanks everyone!

Well, I taped down the liner last night and she wheeled. I checked on her several times during the night and found her wheeling. She can really get going! She was sleeping in her igloo this morning.

I'm thinking that she was used to the wood shavings before and has been looking for something to dig down and get down to a hard surface, if that makes sense. She really didn't like the hedgiebags, so I have fleece strips and a small blankie in the igloo. Hopefully she'll adjust and accept the softness because we can't have the wood shavings in the house because of allergies.

When we first brought her home, she wanted to only sleep in the litterbox. So I'm thinking she likes hard surfaces.

Back