Introducing a baby hedgie to a cat

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcw142

My cat is a hunter and he is one of the main reasons I was scared to bring home baby Milo, but I talked to other hedgehog owners, and the breeder I got him from is also a cat owner and they assured me it was okay. I tried twice to introduce them after searching how and the only thing that happened was my cat, Felix, smelled him and walked away. It may sound cruel but I want Felix to feel Milo's quills so he can stop looking at him like a piece of meat! Any advice?! Thanks!! :halo:

I wouldn't. Like you, I've read about people doing it... I've seen the YouTube videos...

But I still wouldn't. Hedgies are prey animals; cats are predators... I'd do my best to ensure that Milo is in a cat-proof cage and place it in a room where the cat cannot enter.

I wouldn't. Like you, I've read about people doing it... I've seen the YouTube videos...

But I still wouldn't. Hedgies are prey animals; cats are predators... I'd do my best to ensure that Milo is in a cat-proof cage and place it in a room where the cat cannot enter.

I agree, why put the stress on your hedgie?

you're right, okay thank you both !! I have been putting barricades on my doors to keep my cat from entering and it's been working, but I always have that fear that when I'm working or something..but anyways thanks a bunch :)

Back