I'm a total sucker

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww. Big day for her too, she's probably just settling and sleepy. The lava bite is a good sign. =) My chins don't do much of anything during the day. This time of night they start getting busy. =)

I'm sure she is. The second is a little fuzzy but I don't think the first one is crappy at all.

I posted in my OMG NEW CHIN WHAT'S WRONG thread. But I found a pee corner! And it was damp!

yayyyyy

Is that a little freckly tan too? I love her little ears :)

She's gorgeous! It's eerie how much she looks like my boys though. Now I'm starting to wonder if they came from the same breeder. I'd always just assumed they were Petco chins.

MyImage_8-8.jpg

omg yeah. And you guys are in Oregon too? The gal we got Cinnamon from was down in Salem (one of the ads.)

I kind of wonder if those are her kits. She was part of a herd.

And good news! I cleared out the bedding at about 7:30 before we went out for a bit, came back and tons of poop! Plus she drank some water. First 24 hours are good :D

My husband says your boy looks like a little stuffed toy, lol.

Michellemonster - Thanks. I think hes pretty cute. The flash made his red eyes a little creepy though. Haha.

tcraighenry - Yup. I'm in Oregon. Was living in Salem when I got them. The couple I got them from didn't give me a whole lot of information about them. I was told they're about 2.5 years old, but they didn't tell me where they got them from.

Michellemonster - Thanks. I think hes pretty cute. The flash made his red eyes a little creepy though. Haha.

tcraighenry - Yup. I'm in Oregon. Was living in Salem when I got them. The couple I got them from didn't give me a whole lot of information about them. I was told they're about 2.5 years old, but they didn't tell me where they got them from.

Whoa, maybe then. Salem isn't very big and the girl we got her from had maybe about 10 chins left in her herd. She's been getting rid of them slowly.

Cinnamon's long lost children!

My husband says Cinnamon found her thirst! Drinking tons now :D

(I can't believe how excited I get about poop and water as a result of owning chins)

This is turning into omg new chinchilla post!

It turns out, she's only drinking when we put fresh water in her bottle! Little princess!

Her poops were tiny but I think that was my fault, I gave her a rose bud on the first day because she didn't seem to be eating. I broke them apart, they weren't hollow. She's also devouring hay. Or at least it seems. I'm not sure how much she was fed in the past!

Her poops were little when we got her though. She was on Purina rabbit chow (?) I think. We're mixing in Oxbow with her old pellets.

Notes on a new chinchilla!

Back