I'm a total sucker

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcraighenry

I keep seeing this little gal posted on Craigslist

F7oeA.jpg

FaPgu.jpg

And then we saw this posted on Craigslist

k8Hkf.jpg

And Salem is quite the drive but the cage is a bargain. (Flying saucer!)

And the little girl is so cute.

And we've been thinking about a friend for Vincenza

And we still have Vincenza's old cage, which according to the quarantine cage thread is ok for 30 days.

So Saturday we're adopting another chin and getting a new cage! After a month both should be ready to come hang out in the living room with us :)

Meet Cinnamon!

(We named her from the ad, it's love.)

According to the ad she's friendly. But they probably wouldn't say she's mean, lol.

It would be a change to have a sweet one :O

Vincenza is a teensy princess with an attitude

Aww she looks so sweet, not mean at all looking hehe!

Cinnamon is a adorable name, I hope to hear more about her :D

So glad she's going to a good home. She's been up forever! I seriously considered emailing the people who had that cage and asking if they'd sell just the flying saucer, but I didn't have a way to Salem to pick it up.

Hehehe, I loved all your, "And"s.....;)

Cinnamon is a cutie pie. I wish we had different colored chins for sale/adoption around here, but they're all standards (NOT that they aren't abbbbsolutely gorgeous themselves). The more and more i see you guys pairing chins together (in a cage), the more I want to try it myself. But I'm a scaredy :cat2:

So glad she's going to a good home. She's been up forever! I seriously considered emailing the people who had that cage and asking if they'd sell just the flying saucer, but I didn't have a way to Salem to pick it up.

We debated it and when she came up again, (poor little thing) We thought well, what the **** :)

There's a Superpet cage up in Camas with a flying saucer for 50 dollars too!

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/hsh/2914865704.html

Seriously considering e-mailing them about the flying saucer.

Hehehe, I loved all your, "And"s.....;)

Cinnamon is a cutie pie. I wish we had different colored chins for sale/adoption around here, but they're all standards (NOT that they aren't abbbbsolutely gorgeous themselves). The more and more i see you guys pairing chins together (in a cage), the more I want to try it myself. But I'm a scaredy :cat2:

We're a little wary. Vincenza was challenging her daddy before we lost him. I think it's going to be a very slow process :wink:

Congrats on your upcoming baby (who cares if she's an adult heh) and awesome new cage! =)

Cinnamon!

DSC03348.jpg

She's home, hopefully resting! All alone in the spare bedroom.

Can't wait until we're done with the cage and we can move her in.

DSC03355.jpg

Turns out she used to be a show chin, she was part of a herd.

The photos don't do her any justice. And she's so chubby! Not weighed yet but she has to be at least 600 grams.

She dwarfs Vincenza.

I don't think 600 grams is that large for a 6 year old chinchilla. I have heard of adult females being in the 800-1000 gram range. Even my little guy who passed from malo got up in the 700s for a bit.

She's adorable! Congrats. =) How is she so far?

A little quiet. I'm kind of worried about her, though it is day time. I marked her bottle and am checking on her every couple hours. She did manage to tip over her food dish, so she is up to something.

And I found a lava bite chewed :).

It is sleepy time though, Vincenza is resting too. (Lazy Sunday afternoon for all of us!)

My crappy pictures don't do her justice though, she's beautiful

Back