If "Prepared" - Is Peach Tree Wood Safe ?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

grace

I Checked "Search" - Did not see peach trees mentioned - I have a large Peach tree in the pasture, has never been sprayed. Is it safe for "Cuttings" if prepared correctly for my Chins ?
I can always lean over the fence to get apple twig cuttings from my neighbors..... Smiles

I could be wrong but I think it's considered a stone fruit and I think those are a no, better use the apple tree over the fence ;))

Peach wood and wood from trees that bear fruits with stones (such as plums, nectarines, cherries, etc.) or the genus Prunus are not safe for chinchillas. These woods contain cyanogenic glycosides which when consumed, are converted into cyanide.

Big no on the peach wood. You can use the apple, but only if you are certain that no pesticides were used.

I agree, as they do sell it in the pet store marketed towards chinchillas, its not a safe wood.

From what ive gathered, pretty much anything that provides a fruit or nut is not safe.

Thank You All,
Well.... I DID get cuttings from the neighbors apple tree(s) (Hey ! the branches were "Sorta" over my fence line ...":) - The place next door is a "Body shop", I do not even know if they realize they have apple trees - Whatever the case, they could care less ! Boy did I have fun ! Cutting,Cleaning, boiling, baking !
I have not been arrested as of yet ..... That is a good thing - Besides, I believe "Judge Judy" might be on my side ....... Animal lover that she is ...... Smiles

Latest posts

Back