Ideas for Displaying/Storing Ribbons & Rosettes

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMSChins

Hendryx Chinchillas
I am looking to see what creative/functional ideas other members have come up with for displaying or storing their ribbons and/or rosettes that they have earned. They don't have to be from chinchilla shows. Any ideas for these types of items are welcome. Thanks!

I have a chinchilla ribbon quilt, its 8ft by 6 ft made from ribbons from the 60s, its beautiful.

I remember when I was younger, there was a long-time breeder in Oklahoma that made a jacket out of green Honorable Mention ribbons. I believe it was Burl Smith, if I remember right. He used to wear that green jacket to all the shows, it was pretty cool. Back in the 50's and 60's they placed the animals in each color class differently than we do today. Only the best animal in the class was given 1st place, the next best was 2nd place, the third best was 3rd place, the fourth best was 4th place, the fifth best was 5th place and all the other animals in each class were only given Honorable Mention ribbons. So, everyone had a lot of green Honorable Mention ribbons since that was what the majority of the animals at the shows were awarded. Most breeders thought those green ribbons were worthless, but he wore that jacket proudly to the shows all the way through the 1980's.

quilt1.jpg

quilt2.jpg

quilt3.jpg

I've been planning to get a big shadow box and layer them up in there. That way I can minimize the layer of dust that will accumulate if I hang it in the chin-room.

Back