I wonder how chinchillas view us?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zombiezeatbrain

Philosophically inclined?
I'm sure you guys have heard about cats viewing their owners as their servants, while dogs view their owners as their companions or friends. This is probably a stupid question but does anybody have any insight as to how chins view their owners?

Mine are kinda like my 17 year old son, they want to be left alone to do whatever they want with whoever they want and expect me to clean their room and supply them with good food, water, treats and room decor. And they have no intention of getting a job anytime soon.

Boji sees me as his partner without a doubt. I get love nibbles constantly, accompanied by that happy "croaking" sound that I haven't heard on any site or from any other chin for that matter. He also bites pretty much any guy I bring home if they're bold enough to put their fingers near him. Maia sees me as the caretaker and some kind of sister/equal, though she occasionally looks down her nose at me. Nixi sees me as human mom and requires daily cuddling, grooming, talking and nuzzling. Buddha sees me as caretaker and jungle gym. All four will get VERY upset if I don't do the job I was "hired" to do. :))

I'm their cleaning lady/room service, definitely.
They shoo me away with their little hands when I'm sweeping their poos off the shelves.....
Tips... Rarely get any. Oh well, still love them to pieces.

I think mine see me as "Elmyra" from Tiny Toons. You know, obnoxious, overbearing, smothering and just plain crazy. LOL.. Either that, or the big dumb human that feeds me. ;)

My chins strongly believe they control my wallet and bank accounts. I'm their servant that is very loyal to their royalty. If I forget to do anything even 1 day I get punished by barks and shoved away like a lonely peasant whom doesn't deserve their cuteness.

I am the keeper of the couch and the tv remote :) whenever they sit on the couch they play explorer of the pillows running from end to end they stop and stare at me then run off then I put their favorite tv shows on

Back