I want my ten dollars and two hours back

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that is why i love redbox. if i rent a movie that i fall asleep in the first 15 minutes, it only cost me a dollar!

I honestly give everything a chance. I watch everything right to the end. Most movies have some redeeming qualities, some are much better than others. But, I do have to say...Seven Pounds was a giant waste of my life, what was up with that movie? The plot is annoying. Guess what? I am going to kill myself to save someone I love and make them feel guilty FOREVER. Duh, that's just retarded. I guess it wasn't a bad movie, it just made me angry. Dumb writers...

I loved 7 Pounds Susan! Cried like a baby at the end. He was going to kill himself anyway, so instead of just going to waste, this way he was able to help so many people. I think once she found out the why behind it from his brother, she didn't feel guilty at all. She looked at it as a gift.

I guess I didn't look at it from a cynical point of view. I looked at it as giving a gift and helping many different people.

Suicide is just dumb to me. He needed to face his stupid problems like a man. He hurt that woman badly...or at least he would have in real life. Killing yourself to give out your organs...geez...how is that a gift to anyone? Everyone has an obligation to live...I don't get out of cleaning the chins twice a week - it takes me 8 hours to get done sometimes.

I just didn't buy it. It doesn't matter how well acted it was...the man committed an act of cowardice and no one should be looked at as a hero for committing suicide just because they donated the organs. What if I died in a car accident and a bunch of people were saved with my organs? Would I be a hero? Would I be giving a gift? I'm dead, I don't care about where my heart and lungs and eyes go...not a hero, just signed the back of my driver's license so they could recycle my parts.

Hi Peggy,

My MA is in film and I teach film acting, so you can say that my taste in movies is peculiar. I really like world cinema, not so much blockbusters.

That being sad, I really hated 300 (even though some of my friends worked on it). It is pretentious in every way, misogynic, homophobic and racist ( see portrayal of women and Persians). Acting is lousy and most of the CGI looks directly borrowed from the LOTR, battle scenes in particular.

Arguably, 7 pounds is not best of Smith's work and the script was again really messy and yes, boring - it almost put me to sleep (there was really no no need to wait 2hs to make the point in the last 5 minutes).

Please note that these are my personal opinions and preferences.

Cheers,

Sanja

How on earth could you possibly think 7 Pounds was anything close to boring? Will Smith was tremendous in that movie!

And 300? You are the first person I have heard say that that movie sucked. Apparently the Oscars disagree with you too.

If you hate both of those movies, what kind of movies do you like?

Has anyone seen "The Room?" I just read a thing on line that said it is absolutely the worst movie ever, and that people are lining up to see it. The lines are so long, that it's taking people months to get into it. It looks REALLY bad. The moviegoers have said it is absolutely Godawful, but that it's developed a cult following. I had never even heard of that one before.

I'll agree with you Susan. Suicide is a selfish and cowardly act, but I still think his acting in that movie was tremendous. I thought it was great to see him in a real role, and not just one that was shooting aliens (speaking of I want my $10.00 back) or shoot 'em up cop movies. He actually ACTED and I thought that was just awesome.

Again Sanja - what kind of movies do you like? I'm curious as to what would keep your attention or what you would give a high rating. I'm always open to seeing good movies, so hit me with some titles I can google. As long as I don't have to slog through some foreign moaner with subtitles. For me, that completely ruins the movie. If I wanted to read, I'd get a book.

Has anyone seen "The Room?" I just read a thing on line that said it is absolutely the worst movie ever, and that people are lining up to see it. The lines are so long, that it's taking people months to get into it. It looks REALLY bad. The moviegoers have said it is absolutely Godawful, but that it's developed a cult following. I had never even heard of that one before.

You are my princess. lol. its supose to be bad, thats what makes it funny. a couple of my friends are obsessed with that movie and use the lines constantly, and although tommy wiseuo is quiet funny in a dumb way. i'm getting really sick of hearing my friends quote it all the time.

my waste of money was Death Race. i fell asleep during it. as hot as jason stateham is i was just not into it. too much car stuff...
oh and bankok dangerous. dumb.

Last edited:
Another terrible movie was "The Happening". Zooey Deschanel and Mark Wahlberg were so uninteresting and not at all believable as a couple. And they were so whiny! By the end of the movie I was rooting for both of their characters to die.

Eye of the Beholder with Ashley Judd and Ewan McGregor--OMG and WTF all rolled into one it was horrid!

And okay i'm whipping it out there--Twilight, could a movie BE any worse?! Awful. The worst dialogue I've ever suffered through. And it doesn't appear to get any better. yes I saw the trailer or New Moon and that is the WORST shifting from human to wolf I have ever seen! AWFUL! Jacob is Native American and dark and his wolf doesn't even match his human look UG!

The Happening was horrendous! Where is the old M Night? I miss the old stuff, the new stuff of his stinks. And the dialogue, again awful!

another beef of mine The Changeling. Seriously you're going to nominate Angelina skankazoid Jolie for this movie? The insane lady in the asylum was a better actress the Angelina

You are my princess. lol. its supose to be bad, thats what makes it funny. a couple of my friends are obsessed with that movie and use the lines constantly, and although tommy wiseuo is quiet funny in a dumb way. i'm getting really sick of hearing my friends quote it all the time.

my waste of money was Death Race. i fell asleep during it. as hot as jason stateham is i was just not into it. too much car stuff...
oh and bankok dangerous. dumb.

Actually it wasn't supposed to be bad. Tommy Wiseau put his life and soul into it. He thought it was the greatest thing ever. THAT my friend, is what makes The Room so funny.

with that said, yes I have seen it. I am still completely shocked as to how he thought that was good work but I did laugh at how horrible it was. "Do you understand Life??"

I can't think of any bad movies but a movie that I can't seem to finish watching no matter how hard I try is I, Robot with Will Smith. I am normally a Smith fan but I just keep falling asleep trying to watch that stupid movie. I can't even finish to to judge whether it is bad or not.

I saw Funny People last night, by no choice of my own. So for those of you who haven't seen it yet and wanted to, I wouldn't bother. It was funnier than I thought it would be, but after the half way point (which I actually thought was the end), it stopped being funny. And it just dragged on, and on, and on. It was 2 and a half hours long, and absolutely nothing happened in the last hour.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. How can a movie featuring giant fighting robots be so boring???

It wasn't so much boring as the plot line was just stupid and it left too many loose ends. I saw this one for free, so no big deal there. I am totally going to be drug to see the third one, ugh.

We only go to movies we *really* want to see, the rest are rented or downloaded when they come out, so I don't have a lot of complaints. We just saw Harry Potter, Transformer's, UP, Coraline, and I think Adventureland before that. I refused to pay to go watch Wolverine, and from the sound of it - I didn't miss anything.

Will Ferrell is one of my favorite actors. Everybody has their opinion. :D

Telladega Nights

Oh dear god….please don’t let the invisible flames hurt my good friend Ricky Bobby!

Dear Eight Pound, Six Ounce, Newborn Baby Jesus, don’t even know a word yet, just a little infant, so cuddly, but still omnipotent. We’d just like to thank you for all the races I’ve won and the $21.2 million, LOVE THAT MONEY! That I have accrued over this past season. Also due to a binding endorsement contract that stipulates I mention PowerAde at each grace, I just wanna say that PowerAde is delicious and it cools you off on a hot summer day and we look forward to PowerAde’s release of mystic mountain blueberry. Thank you, for all your power and your grace, Dear Baby God, Amen

Dodgeball

If you can catch a wrench, you can dodge a dodgeball

Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, and Dodge

Again Sanja - what kind of movies do you like? I'm curious as to what would keep your attention or what you would give a high rating. I'm always open to seeing good movies, so hit me with some titles I can google. As long as I don't have to slog through some foreign moaner with subtitles. For me, that completely ruins the movie. If I wanted to read, I'd get a book.

Sorry for not answering sooner Peggy! I watch hundreds of films per year, but here are a couple worth mentioning. We can also start recommendation list as a separate thread.

One of my favourite American films is The Shinning (1980). http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081505/
It is just too good to be true :D

I also like most of the work of Peter Greenaway, Jane Campion, Jim Jarmusch, David Lynch, David Cronnenberg and Neil Jordan.

Recently, I loved watching The Lives of Others. It is in German, but absolutely worth the reading! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405094/

Best,

Sanja

Last edited:
The New World. I normally love any picture about Native Americans, but this one bored the heck out of me and the editing was terrible. I walked out of the theater before I was a quarter through it.

Shopgirl and The Black Dahlia... Both made me regret the hours of my life lost. And My Name Is Bruce was a close third.
Bangkok Dangerous.. well, pretty much anything Nick Cage does now is horrible.
Shoot Em Up... ridiculous.

Speaking of horrible movies.....

I'm trying to find out the name of an old, stupid "horror" movie. It starred Joe Piscopo. I only remember one scene, which took place in some type of butcher shop or meat factory. The cow carcasses started chasing them.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? Stupid, Stupid movie. But I'd like to know the name of it...it would make a wonderful gag gift for my husband.

The informant was really boring. I thought it was going to be a ninja slash undercover cop, but it was (actually i can't really remember) something about a guy with glasses and something i don't know.
300 now come on people that was great. It was different than other movies and more exciting than most real stories. 7 pounds, yes, was pretty bad. slow. sad. just plain bad. Will farrel is funny are you kidding me. Hes one of the funniest actors. Stepbrothers was halarious along with Elf.... I LOVEEEEEEDDDDDDDDD AVATAR THOUGH!!!!!~!!!!!!~!!!!!!

The Box
Knowing

Just the few that are at the top of my head right now! I will post more if I think of them. Oh, my brother saw Watchmen and thought it was horrible!

Back