I need to stop going to the pet store.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, they're much too young for veggies. Don't feed them any fresh veggies until they're about 6 months old. I can't believe the pet store was even legally allowed to sell bunnies that young. They don't look older than 3 weeks. That makes me very angry. :banghead:

They're very cute though. Good luck with them.

My thoughts exactly!!! :hair:

Yes, they're much too young for veggies. Don't feed them any fresh veggies until they're about 6 months old. I can't believe the pet store was even legally allowed to sell bunnies that young. They don't look older than 3 weeks. That makes me very angry. :banghead:

They're very cute though. Good luck with them.

Oh no no no. The pet store didn't sell them to me. They know I run a small animal rescue, so when I walked in I heard, "We were about to call you!". They said a man had dropped them off earlier that day saying the mother had died. There were 6 in total but someone else had taken 3 earlier that morning.

I would never, ever purchase bunnies that young. These aren't my bunnies, at all. I am just rearing them until they are strong enough, and old enough, to be adopted out.

They are very cute, Crysta. Perhaps a local 4-H group could help place them in homes.

Oh no no no. The pet store didn't sell them to me. They know I run a small animal rescue, so when I walked in I heard, "We were about to call you!". They said a man had dropped them off earlier that day saying the mother had died. There were 6 in total but someone else had taken 3 earlier that morning.

I would never, ever purchase bunnies that young. These aren't my bunnies, at all. I am just rearing them until they are strong enough, and old enough, to be adopted out.

Ah, thank you for clarifying. Again, good luck with them.

They are sooooo cute. And yes sexing baby bunnies is difficult. Males are a circle and girls are a v but when they are that little all it looks like is both at the same time.:wacko: That is great of you to take them in.

Oh major cuteness overload! We had a dwarf when the youngest was 3. Smartest little thing! I'm always tempted but hubby reminds me that I want to stay married... LOL

These babies have gone to the local breeder because she had several mothers with babies right around this age. They started eating, but not enough to maintain/gain weight, and they absolutely would not let me hand feed them. I would try and they would struggle and end up getting it in their nose and all types of other stuff. I ended up getting creative and soaking pellets in the KMR and giving them the mixture which they did eat, just not enough.

Either way, I talked to this woman for 4 hours on the phone this morning. She is a very, very nice lady. She said she would update me with pictures and such. She also told me that when she adopted them out she would give all the proceeds to me for the rescue which I thought was incredibly nice of her. She said she didn't want to take them to make money, but to make sure they thrived. Yay thriving bunnies!

When she saw them today she said they are a bit skinny. She showed me a bunny their age (she said she thinks approx. 3 weeks) that she has and you should have seen the pudge difference. She said the mother she is going to put them with is a fantastic mommy who has taken babies that weren't hers before so she has no doubt that all will work out perfectly.

Just wanted to give you guys an update. :)

I am so glad everything worked out! I bet that makes you feel great!

Back