i just ordered a flying saucer

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chins1222

and i am kicking myself in the butt lol

it is just sooooo expensive but the boys are getting restless without their wheel and making aweful noises at night

and i know when they had their home made one they used it alllllll the time but it got ruined and it was loud lol

anyway i just need some reassurence from other chinny parents that i am indeed NOT a crazy person lol :wacko:

i just hope i can figure out how to attach it to the cage(FN) lol it seems kind of confusing by the looks of it but i have never seen one in person

if anyone has any close up picks of how it is attached to a FN that would be great

thanks

I love my flying saucers! And so do the chins. I think they're worth the money. And besides they last a long time.

I don't have a FN so I can't help you with attaching it, but for my cage it wasn't hard at all. All you have to do is put it by a bar on the cage and put the nuts on the u bolt thing. Really it isn't that hard at all.

Lol, I'm gonna do the same thing. Think of it as a long term investment. It was a smart buy. Lol!

My saucer is the best investment I have made yet for my chin! She uses it every day. Yes, it does indeed cost a lot, but I'm assuming it will last a long time.

I just bought a saucer from threewingedfury too! I can't wait to see them on it! Hopefully, they can get the idea right away =P

Your chins will like the saucer. Took my girls a long time to figure it out. Now they run marathons each night. If I can put a two story FN together, I have confidence you can master the wheel instalation. Hee Hee.... You should of seen me trying to hold two sides and put the top on all by myself. Now that was a picture. :hilarious:

Your chins will like the saucer. Took my girls a long time to figure it out. Now they run marathons each night. If I can put a two story FN together, I have confidence you can master the wheel instalation. Hee Hee.... You should of seen me trying to hold two sides and put the top on all by myself. Now that was a picture. :hilarious:

I feel your pain with trying to hold the two sides and put the top on by yourself!!!! I got hit on the head a few times (ouch!), used some not so lady like language and there may have even been a few tears... until finally my boyfriend came in and helped :)

I have the flying saucer and Maddie loves it! It took her a week or so to figure it out but now she runs her little heart out in it. :thumbsup:

i'm jealous. i need two of them!! my boys are in separate quarters and they do not even have playtime together.......so maybe when my darn tax return check gets here i can splurge.

are the saucers something that is permanently mounted or could i put it on one cage one night and the other the next night?? or is that WAY too much work and I should just suck it up and get two??

It's not that much work to attach it to the cage. Much easier to have two, but also more expensive...maybe you could start off with one and see if moving back and forth is doable or not.

thanks everyone

and thanks for the pics that was really helpful it does look easier to attach now

how long does it usually take to get here?

anyway i know what you mean about putting the cage together lol

it was a nighmare lol once i would get a side on then the top would fall off and i was really starting to get frustrated

and also using some not so lady like words lol

i have 2 boys that share a cage and they will just have to share a wheel for now

i have though in a few months i would also get a chinspin so they could have the option of using either kind i dont know but i might do that

thanks everyone

Back