I got one of my favorite chins back!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMSChins

Hendryx Chinchillas
My daughter bred this chin for her 4H project and when she decided to leave 4H, she started selling some of her breeders and babies! This little girl was one that she sold as a baby and I was so sad to see her go beacuse of her great personality and unique markings. I couldn't convince Emma to keep her as Emma had enough of her "teenage antics" and had others that she preferred.

While browsing Craigslist I saw her photo and knew immediately it was one of our chins as she looks just like her mom.

I was able to purchase her back and other than the fact that her coat looks terrible from inconsistent dusting and care and the fact that they had her on crap feed and treats - I am thrilled to have her back! She is very friendly and made the adjustment back to our home wonderfully.

I need help with a name. As a baby we called her Patches and the new owner kept that name but I am not sure it fits a young lady with her kind of beauty! Any suggestions?

Attachments

• DSCN1588.jpg
    DSCN1588.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN1589.jpg
    DSCN1589.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 128
Wow, she certainly is a beauty! What unique markings! You are very lucky to have her back!

I immediately thought of Patches when I saw her...

She's pretty Juanita. I'm thinking something sophisticated like Lydia or Sophie.

Shooper - I thought of "Phantom" as that is one of my all time Broadway plays but I keep seeing "boy" when I picture it for some reason???

Brittany - thank you for reminding me of one of my all time favorite names - which for some reason I forget about when trying to name a chin - Sophie is a strong contender!

I see phantom too. There are a few female characters from the play. Christine, Carlotta, Madame Giry and Meg.

She is super sweet, comes right to me and into my hands when I hold them up to take her out of her cage. So far the only thing she has balked at is the change in her food which I did cold turkey since the food she was on is so bad. She didn't mind the shredded wheat treat too much though! :)

I see phantom too. There are a few female characters from the play. Christine, Carlotta, Madame Giry and Meg.

Christine was going to be my first suggestion, followed by Masquerade. Or there's Antic, an old theater term for wearing a mask (Shakespeare's Hamlet or one of the boys in Romeo and Juliet uses the line "put on an antic face" to refer to putting on a costume for a play/party). There's also Pageant.

Last edited:
She is gorgeous! And what luck you had finding her! I will second the female version of "Phantom." "Phanta" sounds lovely and mysterious. :)

:bliss: Oh my gosh Juanita! You lucky girl.
BTW: Her name is Ava and she said she wants to come to Richmond and see my nice dark standard Hummel boy. wink wink.....

Back