I got accepted to law school!!!!!!!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

blacksettingsun

I GOT ACCEPTED TO LAW SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I applied to four places, in order of choice: WVU, Capital, Duquesne, Widener. Well, I heard from two places today: Widener accepted me into their full-time division, and Capital has me on their waitlist!! Last year I applied to six places and didn't get into ANY of them! I'm SO excited right now!! I just had to get on here and share my excitement with my second family!!!

Congrats!!! I bet that's exciting!!!

I liked WVU's downtown campus- I applied there for undergrad (forensics) and got in but chose another school. They have a bad party school rep though... sad, but I know people in the buisness world (my dad's boss being one of them) who automatically look harder into applicants from WVU because of the party school reputation.

The school I chose is actually ranked higher in the princeton review for being a party school (#2, vs WVU's #4- not that I care much because I'm not a partier though)- but they don't have the reputation that WVU has. Don't know about the other schools though!

Had WVU given me a good tuition offer, I would have proably chosen them since they are much closer to home- but in todays economy I had to go to the school that offered me the most money.

Last edited:
Congrats!! That's sounds really exciting! I'm glad that you got accepted this time around. :D

Thanks guys :) I was SO excited! I called (in order, lol) my undergrad advisor, both of my brothers, my sister, my aunt and uncle, my grandma, and my boyfriend! Tomorrow I'm going to call the other two professors that wrote recommendations for me. I changed a lot of things about my application this year, including who wrote my recommendations along with my essays. They don't do interviews for law school applicants, so they rely on an essay called a personal statement. This year, I took a really serious approach and described the things I experienced growing up. I guess it was effective! I was so excited to get on here to tell you guys :heart:

Congrats! Deonna wanted to be a lawyer, makes me happy to see someone living that.

Wow, congrats! I know how much work it will be- but it will go by quickly! Good luck- find the good professors, that is the key!

Back