I finally named my little girl...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaifeng

I went over a bunch of names... at first, I wanted to name her Chk-m, that noise the little squirrel makes in Disney's "The Sword and the Stone" when she finds out Arthur is a human... then I was thinkin Tali-girl, after my friend Natalia, whose birthday was on the same day I got my chin... I also liked the name Annie, my new-found neighbor and fleece supplier!!.... after almost two months, mostly referring to her as "little girl", I think I've found a name for her... and two more names for the girls I hope to get in the future, too!!...

and her name is!!:

Xochi!!
I met a girl with that name, it was short for Xochitl, but my little girl will be named after Xochiquetzal, an Aztec Goddess...

so then I thought about what I would want my next girl's name to be, and it didn't take long... I wanna get a white and name her:

Yin
after Guan Yin, the Chinese Goddess of Mercy... I will call her Yinny!!.. Yinny the Chinny sounds good, right?....

and then in the future, I would also like a violet girl, and I will name her:

Ame
after Ame-no-Uzume, a female Japanese Deity... I liked the name and figure I can call her Ah-mei, or Ami or Azumi for a shorter version...

So yeah, I named my little girl Xochi (pronounced somethin like Zo-chi)... It's her official name, but here and there we still affectionately call her Chk-m... I'd tell people, "her name is not Chick ummm... it's pronounced with a high pitched voice without vowels, just the way the little squirrel says it in the movie"...

Xochi:
chin025.jpg

My friend said, instead of Ame, call her Zume for short,
so my Chin's names would start with X, Y, and Z...
Xochi, Yinny, and Zume...

Now I just need my two other girls!...

I occasionally have white females and violet females available and I make regular trips to Orange County. ;)

Xochi is absolutely adorable, I love how she sits!

Remyma0408,

Xochiquetzal, your guess is as good as mine... sounds like it rhymes with pretzel, maybe?... but Xochi is pronounced kinda like Zo-Chi...

Annie,

I definitely will... Btw, I sent you a pm about the come-on-i-wanna-lei-ya fleece... i just wanted to say the name...

Tabitha,

I sent you a pm...

Haha, I actually got the pronunciation right thanks to my indigenous cultures literature class! Who would have thought that would help me in practical daily usage? Woohoo.

Back