I can't tell my babies apart!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both males AND females have cones that are visible on the outside of their bodies, so you'll still need to do a hair ring check to see if they really are males.

Another way to tell them apart is to trim the hair on one's tail so that it is shorter.

They still won't come to us for us to be able to check them. But boy does the one want to get out of the cage. He stands at the door and if you open it a little bit he tries to stick his body through the smallest gap. He wants to get away. My husband is trying to get him to come to him only and not escape but it's not working yet. We have plenty of time though...again only been 5 days.

You know, the one that is more active will jump on and push his brother in to their little house when they get startled. Will they hurt each other from their sudden movements and jumping on each other? They have separate boxes but they like to use the same one.

Here are some more pictures...Fatso came to us!!! YAY! Chewy is still scared. Most of the pictures are Fatso (I think). He is the adventure type and wants out all the time or will be eating all the time. He took a hay cube with him into his house and was using it as a pillow. Haha.

Attachments

• wedding 021.jpg
    wedding 021.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 3
  • wedding 019.jpg
    wedding 019.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 3
  • wedding 018.jpg
    wedding 018.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 2
  • wedding 016.jpg
    wedding 016.jpg