I can't believe our WoodShop burnt down!

• Thread starter PetProductsByNature
  • Start date
Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah...they don't raise your rates on home owners insurance like they do with car insurance.

My roof was ripped up by a very bad wind storm, about $1500 worth of damage. They came out the next day and gave us a check after the appraiser figured out a quote. That was the only claim I have ever filed under my home owners insurance...after paying them many, many thousands of dollars. It isn't like you don't eventually pay for it all yourself in your premiums anyway. :)

Yeah and all I had to do was give them the police report on the theft and model numbers of items stolen and email them pictures on the pool and provide an estimate.
They didnt even send an estimator out here. 1 week later, I got a check!
Seriously Barbi you should at least call and find out, it may be worth it. they usually just subtract your deductible. Just take some pictures and see if you can provide them with either receipts for equipment OR model numbers of items. they look them up and give you fair value for them,

*hugs*

im so sorry this happened. at least youre safe.

im a believer that opportunity can come out of misfortune. you've provided such an amazing service to all of us and to all chinnies. keep your head up and know that things work out.

*double hugs*

Thanks everyone.
Honestly, we've heard horror stories about people loosing their insurance, I know it's usually medical, but still...for the dificulty and stress we had finding an insurance company to cover our house as it was, we're really afraid of asking. Hard work I'm not afraid of, looking for a new insurance company terrifies me.
I'm just so thankful and feel so fortunate it wasn't our house that caught fire...now that would have sucked big time!!! (And I'm thankful that we have so many loyal customers too :thumbsup: )

Oh, God, Barbi, I'm just now seeing this.

I'm so, so sorry that this has happened to you and Jeff.

I, too, think that you should look into filing a claim. After all those years and thousands of dollars you have paid in premiums, you should be able to make a claim without fear of retaliation.

I'm sending you a big :hugs: and the boys are all sending whisker kisses!!!

Let us know when you are up and running again -- I'll take another pound of ocotillo.

Would they cover it, if you are running a business and dont have business insurance?

ETA, presuming you dont have that type of insurance. I know nothing of insurance, just popped in my head.

I am glad you are safe Barbi, that is what matters!

Mine covers business stuff...but I don't remember if we got extra insurance added to the policy. It seems like it shouldn't really matter all that much though. It was an outbuilding on the same property as the house, wouldn't that mean that it would have to cover it?

I know in my heart of hearts that each and every one of you means well :kiss: but we can only be proactive (or deal with this challenge) in our own way :) The new shop is underway. All of the garbage has been hauled to the dump and the ceiling, floor and remaining walls have been scrubbed and pressure washed, new wood for the walls is here and it's time to get on with it all. New fresh PPBN woods are being unloaded out of the back of the truck as I type. Somebody asked if we had pictures...I took this one before we started cleaning.

Hope x Love + Faith = Peace. It's the one part of the ceiling we didn't scrub, only pressure washed so the words will remain to remind us that
WE CAN DO WHATEVER WE PUT OUR MINDS TO :)
FireHope.jpg

We are at Peace. Your hugs, your encouragement, your prayers and well wishes gave us courage to take our next step. Please know that you are crucial, not just for the survival of PPBN but for our sanity.
As I've said before, all of our prepared inventory is in our home, closed off in 3 separate rooms. WOW!!! When I look at it all, I can't believe how much inventory we really have. Now when I look at it I realize what a "fire-hazard" it is. I will be listing more great specials on our website (on our Special Deals page) to try to reduce the inventory we store. (Who knows how long it would have been before we recognized how fortunate we were if you wouldn't have helped us see it.) Look for new Special Deals to be running no later than tomorrow (Wed. 6-16-10) We will be running them until when we look in our inventory room it doesn't look like a fire waiting to happen. We MUST reduce the risk of fire in our home. It was bad enough to loose what we did in this fire in our woodworking shop, I don't want to loose the home of our dreams because for some silly reason I need to hoard all this wood...:laughitup:
Thanks everyone, and if you're looking for some good deals, look at Pet Products By Nature.

good luck rebuilding. you have a great attitude, so i am sure you will get it done!
waiting on specials! i need some willow coins!!!!!! and quick. ;)

Latest posts

Back