How much food last without going stale?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FuuHouhouji

I still don’t get my Chinchilla, but I’m still preparing myself. I already pay for my FN182 and just have to wait for it to be delivered. I just wondering how much time you can store chinchilla food without it getting stale. I’m wondering how long the pellets last, the hay, treats like goji berries or rose hips without getting stale. I’m a believer in bulk shopping but I wouldn’t like to buy something and it getting bad on me. Also, how long can I store wood, can I get wood and prepared it once a year? Or it gets moldy?
And, how should I store each of these things so they last longer?
Thanks in advanced.
:hmm:

Supposedly for six months from the mill date, but most people try to use it up way before then. Mine never lasts more than a month so it's not an issue here.

Hay is good as long as it is kept in a cool, dry area. If it gets humid, it will mold. The same thing will happen with the pellets and wood. They have to be kept in a cool dry area. The wood will pretty much last forever if stored properly.

Back