How much does your chin weight?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tapioca

I'm nor sure if this thread has already been started, if it has please point me in the right direction and delete this one.

How much does your chins weigh? What's the range we shoudl be aiming for?
I'll go first. I have is easy since I only have one. oOr those with many, I guess a range for each gender is good enough, I can't imagine listing hundreds of names and numbers.

Name: Tapi
Weight: 440g at last vet visit

My boys are 1 and 2 1/2 years old, they both weigh close to 600 grams.
-just a little note- it's hard to aim for a range, because just like people, chins can vary in ideal weight range. Some may top off at 500 grams, some weigh over 1000 grams, it depends on their frame and just the individual chinchilla ;)

My smallest is my only Male, Mr. Chester has a VERY small frame and at his heaviest has been 485 grams, he is approximately 3 years old. The quickest little chin I have ever seen!!

My Heaviest is Chillie, she hoovers around 1000 grams. She is approximately 4 years old & has a HUGE frame, kind of like a cat!! LOL!!

My other 12 range from 525 to 850.
:thumbsup:

Three boys, one 5 years old at 740ish, one about to turn 6 and maxes out at 460, and a 4 year old who was 700ish before his recent issues.

My boy weights 444g (due to bladder stone), my girl top at 666g. The other 2 are still very young 1 month at 178g and 3 months at 380g. =)

Is that Frank the Tank, Dawn?!

Thats him, he gained about 70grams over the last year or so even with a pellet ration. Hopefully with the new cage with more levels and jumps he will trim down some. I am at a loss why the gain on a 9 year old chin with no change in outside play time and a cut back of pellets!

My girl weighs a tiny 530!! I got her 6 weeks ago, but she doesn't seem too skinny or anything. I think she's just small since she eats normally and she's definitely got a belly ha.

My boy is a petstore chin; my best guess as far as age would be about 3 years old. His weight has been somewhere between 575g and 600g since I bought my scale about a year ago.

Mine are both around 6 months old. My female is 516g and the male is 453g and still growing.

Wow Frank the tank is almost 3 times the size of Tapi! Any pics of the big boy? Especially next to an average chin?

my male chin is about 1 year old and he`s a tiny 418 so i`m a bit worried but he eats
and my 3 monrh old female is catching up quick with a 304 :p

We have 6. All are 3-7 years old. The smallest is tiny. Last I checked 460 maybe. The largest is about 650. Most of them are in the mid-high 500 range.

Of my adults, the lightest one I have here is 410 g, a rescue. I do not consider him a healthy weight though as he feels like skin and bones. The largest would be Envy who is generally around 1050 - 1100. The rest of my adult chins average between 700-900g. (This is from a total of 32 adult chins from all walks of life - rescues, petstore chins, breeders, show chins)

Thats him, he gained about 70grams over the last year or so even with a pellet ration. Hopefully with the new cage with more levels and jumps he will trim down some. I am at a loss why the gain on a 9 year old chin with no change in outside play time and a cut back of pellets!

Maybe his metabolism is starting to slow as he creeps closer to his senior years, haha.

Smudge --- 1,024 grams
Moose --- 632 grams
Diesel --- 780 grams
Bentley --- 628 grams
Bear --- 724 grams
Bostin --- 646 grams
Roo --- 676 grams
Koda --- 586 grams

Back