how long does your willow last?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tillygizmo

My kids have 4 feety's
I dont know if this is abnormal, but if I put something willow in my two girls cage before bed time (my bed time) by morning it has been ripped to shreds and doesnt exist anymore. I am talking big willow rings, big flower willow sticks... everything willow. Also, Gizmo does this weird thing where she hoards all the pieces in their bedroom house... and they stick to the fleece pillow and then I see Tilly sleeping on a ledge as if she is pissed off that Gizmo made a mess of the bed. It is funny.

Also, funny thing that my chins did the other night... first it was Tillys playtime and I was drinking a fresh iced tea with a plan peppermint and chamomile tea bag in it while I was sitting on the floor with them. I wasn't looking at Tilly on my lap when she suddenly came over, reached into my glass, and grabbed my pepperming tea bag and threw it on me and ran away.

Then! When I let Freckles out to run she did the EXACT SAME THING!!!

I am glad that I only eat and drink things during playtime that they would be able to have if it fell or they got into it....sheesh. Piggies!

If it's got the bark on it, its destroyed over night by both. If no bark only the one girls takes it apart all the way.

it depends, usually a couple of days for total destruction of the large balls I think he likes to peel away rings or something! But the last one I gave only lasted a few hours at most, it was a bit different. Man he loves those things!

Mine destroyed a whole willow florist basket overnight once - all that was left was the base, which looked like a drinks coaster.....

Two girls I adopted out lived with me for several years. I would give them a willow basket and it would be destroyed by the second night. They really had fun with them. They would get so excited when I would put one in.

Latest posts

Back