Homo and Hetero Beige

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Euphoric

I know usually can only be tested through breeding, but I was told my beige was homo..which looks to be true but he has a couple (Literally like 4) ear freckles and was told by somone else that means he is hetero.
Does anyone know?

here is a photo of him:
beige015.jpg

He looks like a hetero beige to me, but I am still developing my eye. :)) Homo-beige chins are lighter in color than that he is, and have a lighter colored eye. He is mighty cute though.

looks like a hetero..Homo beiges tend to have light pink eyes as well. Rose on my webpage is a homobeige

The eyes give it away. He is a light hetero beige. Hetero beiges have red eyes. homo beiges have jelly bean pink eyes.

I agree. Hetero Beige. His coloring is not right for a homo. Homo Beiges tend to also be light in color. The freckles doesnt matter. I have several Hetero beige and none of them have freckles.

Thank you! Yeah, I think he is beautiful no matter what he is, although most the heteros I see I don't like, lol!
I was looking for a beige for a really long time and I am just glad I found the guy!

I should also add this was before he was giving a dust bath...and his veiling is a lot lighter. I will post photos later in the "chin chat" when he settles in.

Back