Hi there :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tablo

Hi!

I was referred here by someone on GPC (Guinea Pig Cages) because I was looking into getting a chinchilla or two... possibly a hedgie otherwise, but I live in the middle of NOWHERE and the only animals really available here are GPs, rats, mice, hammies, and rabbits...

I own two guinea pigs, Nico and Oliver. Nico is a black and orange crested, and Oliver is an orange, black, and white abby. Nico most definitely wears the pants in the relationship of the two.

I'm almost 15, and I live in Luck, WI... home of roughly 800 people and thousands of cows. And well, of course... me!

I've been fascinated with chinnies since I was in the second grade, when we saw one at a local animal rescue... none of their animals are for sale or are able to be released to the wild, so they keep them in more than big enough sized cages and pens. They've got everything from chinnies to deer, to bunnies to wolves, to rats to 'coons, to ferrets to birds.

sohai :)

Welcome to CnH. :)

Yes, chins definitely cannot be released into the wild. They would be goners for sure since they are a caged animal in the US, not a species one sees running around in the wild. That would be interesting though, wouldn't it?

There are a LOT of chinchilla breeders in WI. Post a chin wanted ad in the appropriate section and I'm sure you'll get some responses. You may have to drive a bit or even drive to meet, but I'm sure someone can help you out.

I've found a place (http://detroitchinchillas.com/) that will ship me a chin (I'm insanely close to Detroit, but it's too far to drive) for 50, plus the cost of the chin... I don't know how you guys feel about shipping chinnies though.

But I'll make that post now c;

Back