Hi, I'm new here and had some questions

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnimalLover87

My name is Alicia and I currently have a cat and guinea pigs.
I live in NJ and have an interest in chinchillas and Hedgehogs..

Would like to know if anyone knows where I could go to adopt either one. Thinking getting maybe 2 or one.

Thanks in advance

Sorry, I can't help you locate a furry critter, but I'm sure someone from your area will respond that can help. I just wanted to welcome you to the forum!

Do you mean adopt (usually a rescue adult) or buy a young chin. I have both chins up for adoption and young chins for sale. Pm me for details and a email interview. I do NOT sell to just anyone. One has to qualify to get my chin(s)

Sorry, I can't help you locate a furry critter, but I'm sure someone from your area will respond that can help. I just wanted to welcome you to the forum!

Thank you very much

Do you mean adopt (usually a rescue adult) or buy a young chin. I have both chins up for adoption and young chins for sale. Pm me for details and a email interview. I do NOT sell to just anyone. One has to qualify to get my chin(s)

Yes I would like to adopt from a rescue or from someone who is trying to find homes for one or 2.

I understand that you wouldn't just sell them to just anyone. I would't either. How old are they all btw?

Last edited by a moderator:
i am in NJ. what part of NJ are you located in. if you wanted to make sure a chinchilla is the right pet for you, i would be happy to show you my little group and you can handle them and learn about them to make sure that is what you are looking for in a long term pet.

i am in NJ. what part of NJ are you located in. if you wanted to make sure a chinchilla is the right pet for you, i would be happy to show you my little group and you can handle them and learn about them to make sure that is what you are looking for in a long term pet.

I live near oldbridge NJ. That would be great if we could arrange that, if possible.

i live between trenton & princeton. i am around most weekends with the exception of this one coming up and usually around during week. you are probably between 30 & 50 minutes from me. i have 9 boy chins and 1 girl piggie. i have owned them for 6 or 7 years and while i am always learning new things about them, i have a pretty good handle on day to day as well as illness and temperment. i have a few that would let you hold them for a minute or two but if you have researched them at all, you know that they look cuddly but in fact usually do not like to be held! all my guys have their own story and personality and i have rescued all but my first one who was given to my then 5 year old son! PM me for address and contact info.

Back