Hi Everyone!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been a lurker for quite some time but now that my kids have their babies, I've decided to post!
I'm a wife and mother to 3, 2 of which have little critters that I'll post pics of soon. My girls are animal lovers, my son is too, just not as much. He's 10 and has a turtle, Franklin, which is about all he can handle right now. As a family, we have 3 birds: Sophie our Timneh Grey, Tito our Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure, and Murphey our White Face Cockatiel. We also have a cat named Tonks. As for the reason I've been a lurker here, my 15 yr old has been obsessed with getting a hedgehog for quite a while now, and she finally did this week. He is about 10 weeks old, birthday is April 23rd. And, my 12 yr old also just got her first Chin this week. It's been a big week for us! Her Chin's name is Minnie (unless she changes it, she doesn't think it quite suits her yet) and she is almost 3 months old.
I'm sure we will have loads of questions about both of these little critters as we have never had either of them before. We've all done our research though and so far so good. Minnie is super docile, she's used to being held since the lady we got her from has older kids that held her. She has a sister, a beige female that my daughter was set on getting until she met Minnie. Minnie is a standard grey, but Ashley fell in love with her instantly. Ashley had met a beige male at the pet store (who wanted $180 for him:no:) that's why she wanted the beige. I think she made the right choice. It's not about color, it's about finding the right one. Everytime Ashley opens the cage, Minnie is right there climbing on her hand and up her arm. She holds her for a few minutes, then puts her back in. It's so cute.
Kim's Hedgie Hazard is a sleepyhead. She's been getting him up between 9:30 and 10pm for bonding time since she read on here that they like routine. He's bitten her and her brother a couple of times, but today he didn't, so that's progress! He did pee on her though :hilarious:. And on her bed. And pooped on her floor. Which we found later. :wacko: But, so far he's never rolled into a ball and he allows her to hold him and stroke his quills. He also falls asleep in her sweatshirt pocket. He doesn't like his head pet, but that may be typical, I don't know.
Well, if you read all this, thanks and I'll try to post pics on the new owner thread. They are cuties let me tell you. I'm happy to be here and look forward to getting to know some of you and learning more about our little critters!

Introducing Hazard!

First is Hazard, my daughter's baby hedgie.

New-Pets-019jpg-for-web.jpg

New-Pets-018jpg-for-web.jpg

New-Pets-003jpg-for-web.jpg

New-Pets-002jpg-for-web.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Introducing Minnie!

And here is Minnie, my other daughter's Chin! Her mom is albino (or pink white with red eyes, that's albino right?) and her dady is a standard dark (his belly isn't white) I'm going by the names the lady we got Minnie from told me.

New-Pets-038jpg-for-web.jpg

New-Pets-055jpg-for-web.jpg

New-Pets-060jpg-for-web.jpg

New-Pets-062jpg-for-web.jpg

:welcomewagon:

Minnie's parents were probably a pink white and an ebony (not that it matters). Your new additions are adorable, and your daughter is quite pretty too! :)) Sounds like you have your hands full over there!

Hi and a warm welcome to you! Your new additions are beautiful and it sounds like they are settling in nicely already!

Back