Hey!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dms316

I've had this account for a while now, I just recently started reading it more. I've been a chinchilla owner for a little more than a year. I got him as an Easter gift in 2011. He is a standard grey and I named him Jitters, I call him Jitter-bug a lot though. My boyfriend got him from a stressful family and they said he was about three years old. He was a fur biter when we first got him, I couldn't understand why and I was really upset thinking it was genetics, but we noticed the stuff his recent owners gave us for his dust bath was sand, and we ready that can irritate their skin causing them to chew at it, so we got him so blue cloud dust, and withing a month his fur was back and he looks wonderful! I tried to post a picture of him, but I didn't know how... :hmm:

dms316,

To post pictures on the message itself select "Go Advanced" under the text message box. Then at the advanced text message window select the paperclip icon on top of the message field.

Folks,

does anyone know how long it takes before new members can post a new message. I've posted over a dozen messages, but I've only been a member for a few days. The only board that allows me to post, so far as I can see, is the Introductions board. However, I have a question about my chinchilla's eye color (see attached photo).

It looks like blue is the color of her outer eye which I guess is either the iris or the sclera. I don't know much about chin anatomy. I've noticed this in several pictures and I don't know if it's my camera or that's the actual color. I use a basic digital handheld camera (Canon PowerShot A540).

DoGooder

Attachments

• chinch.blueeye.s.2012.jpg
    chinch.blueeye.s.2012.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 11
Back