Help! What is this?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anna35

I got a female chinchilla 2 months ago from a pet store (yes I know not ideal but I had my reasons) and at the time she was housed alone but I learned from a sales person that she was actually housed with two others they claimed were also female. Well not knowing for sure if the other two were in fact female she has been on pregnancy watch. I got her on July 7th and the last day she could have possibly been exposed to a male was July 4th because the sales lady told me the other two were sold that past Wed. She is not or has ever been exposed to a male since I got her all my chins are female.

So tonight I was cleaning her cage and found something that I have no idea what it is. I looked up heat plugs and mating plugs so here are my questions.

How long after chins mate does the mating plug come out?
If it is a heat plug does this mean she is NOT pregnant?
And my final question I have attached a picture of what I found what is it?

I'm sorry if the pic isn't good quality but my camera kinda sucks and I can tell that she has chewed on what ever this is and I can't think of anyway she could have got this from outside of the cage. Her cage is cleaned daily and this was not in there last night I found it in her house when I cleaned her cage this evening.

Attachments

• 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 58
Ok so does that rule out the possibility that is could be pregnant?

Oh wow I have never seen a real plug. Thanks for posting. :)

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Back