HElP! How do I keep her still?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SookiFace1

I have to dissolve the scabbing in my chin's nose around her stitches, but I have absolutely no idea how to hold her, wrap her, or keep her still in a safe manner. I have been googling for hours and nobody seems to have a step by step on how to restrain my baby.. :(

I know someone on here has posted a link about burritoing a chin but I can't find it. Maybe youtube search? However I'm afraid what would come up. I hope someone posts it now that I've mentioned. You can use the search button on here and search burrito

I treid to burrito her several times last night.. She refuses to go on her back and when we did wrap her she always managed to get out.. what is the trick to a successful burrito?

Do you have someone who can help you burrito?

I have a super squirmy chin...who also knows exactly when/how to bite and slowly apply pressure. What I usually do is start off with a towel (not a normal shower towel, but one you would use for your hair thats about 1.5 ft by 3ft) that is folded in half. I put it against my chest and pick Gizmo up with my hand against his chest. I hold him against my chest with his back on the towel and usually the other person who is with me does the initial wrap around the front of his body. Once I have that done, I can rotate him and keep wrapping him myself.

It doesn't always work...and don't try to sneak attack them and do it too quickly. If your chin is a biter, wear some gloves lol. And make sure the feets and hands are wrapped, any inch of wiggle room gives them an out.

Im going to try again tonight because her nose was injured over a week ago and the scabbing is incredibly thick and blocking a good portion of her nostrils. After she barks, hisses, screams and sheds I'll let you know how I do :)

Back