Hello

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahappycamper

I'm from California, San Diego and I own two chinchillas. First one named Po, he is 2.5 years old and was sort of adopted from other owners. It wasn't really planned to put it honestly. They had asked me to take care of their chinchilla while they were away on vacation and I simply noticed that the chin wasn't getting the best of care at all. I also knew that tried many times to sell the little guy on Craigslist to no success. I pretty much told them that if they really wanted to get rid of him, they should just let me keep him. My second chinnie is Gizmo. I got him so Po could have a play buddy. Gizmo ran into many health problems so I kind of put their "meeting" on hold, though they did meet once very briefly in an unplanned event and unfortunately, things did not go too well. Currently they are separated but I hope one day, when Gizmo's health is a bit better, I can bring them together as friends or brothers. Gizmo is about 12 weeks old now I believe, forgot exactly, I would have to check, lol, but he's still very young. I am very happy to be here. I think forums like these are nothing short of amazing and invaluable. Many people from a multitude of backgrounds with various smarts and experiences come together to share their information in hopes that we can elongate the life of these amazing creatures.

welcome to CnH!!! i also have a gizmo, it just seems like such a silly name!

Welcome! This is such a great place and I know you will be happy here with any questions or concerns you may have. We also love to share, and love pics!!!

Back