Hello from the UK

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire D

Responsible & wise
Hi all. :wave:

Lovely to see the forum up and running - and some familiar names. :)

I am owned by the inhabitants of Monty's Manor here in the UK. I take in rescues and misfits (needy, sick, or disabled chins) and give them a forever home. I also breed pure recessive charcoals on a small scale.
I also help out with the biggest chinchilla rescue in the UK (http://www.rj-chinchillarescue.co.uk/).

I was a member of the old forum but I did not post very much - I hope to remedy that here :)

I've posted about CnH on 4 UK forums (including mine www.chinformative.com) - so I hope some more of us will come over and share experiences etc.

Looking forward to seeing this forum develop and to contributing where I can. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Hi Claire :)

I'm just off to introduce myself to everyone.

Hey Claire! Monty's Manor sounds v.familair. Don't you make fleecey things etc.? I think I know you but I have been wrong I don't know how many times :)

I have to order nearly everything from the UK so postage doesn't work out a ripoff!

Hey Claire! Monty's Manor sounds v.familair. Don't you make fleecey things etc.? I think I know you but I have been wrong I don't know how many times :)
:rolleyes: No, that's not me. You are thinking of someone else. :)
I coined the name for my home years ago and people seem to have caught on to the trend here - it is easy to get them confused. :confused:

There are several imitators but only 1 Monty's Manor. :D

Welcome Claire! We hope to see you become more active as well.

After all - we need you to give us proper English lessons, now don't we? *snort*

Psst - Watch out for the numpties.

*waves across the pond* You wouldn't be the person housing the somewhat famous 27 year old chin would you? I know he's in the UK with the owner of a large herd, but I've been asked to write up a few informative articles about chinchilla keeping for an exotic pets website and would love to cite a proper resource on his age.

Okay, that was probably more than you needed to know. Sorry. :(

No, sorry that's not me either. :(

You may find the answers you're after here though :)

Back