Hello From North California!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sase_angel

Hello everyone! My name is Sheila and I live in Northern California. I love animals and I currently have a chinchilla name Sora (sky in japanese) and two cats.
I love my animals and they have such great personalities. I have had Sora for about 6 months and he is approximately a year old. He has such an interesting personality. I pick him because he was shy, but little did I know he turned out to be a smarty. When I sit with him in his play pen you can see in his eyes that he is finding ways to get our of the pen. About 5 minutes with him he learned how to jump on my shoulder and reach for the barrier. At one point he jumped on my shoulder and onto the couch that was next to me!
I have a feeling that he wants to run around the apartment because he sees the cats and he wants to play with them. From what I think. One of my cats would come up to the pen and touch noses with my chinny. I feel for my little chinny and think that he's lonely. I put in a stuffed animal: a small hedgehog and he sleeps with it and he carries it around with him. What do you guys think? He needs a friend? My husband and I are really considering it.
Well, that is enough for now, I hope to get to know everyone here!

Hi and welcome! I have only one chin, and I think she is ok with that. She does interact and play with my chihuahua, from inside of her pen. The chi runs around her pen, and my chin keeps up with her from inside her pen. I think she enjoys the company, but that is different than being housed with another chin. Some chins do great with a friend, and some will attack eachother. You wouldn't really know until you tried introducing another, but you may have to be prepared to house them separately.

Back