Hello from massachusetts

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flukeke

Hello everyone!

My girlfriend and I are chin owners as of 2 hours ago.

uploadfromtaptalk1362873381091.jpg
This is gingerbread. He has been the most active so far.

uploadfromtaptalk1362873423765.jpg
Honeycomb on the other hand was a little shy at first but is now fully exploring his cage.

They are a pair of brothers that have always been together so they have bonded quite well.

First impressions as an owner....
love them
Boy are they soft
Wow they poop a lot.

We look forward to many good years to come with them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Thank you guys!

They have both done well over night and are now napping. I am very happy to say that honeycomb has really come out of his shell.

They will sniff our hands and climb over them but still have not allowed us to pick them up. I know it will take a while to earn their trust, any tips?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Congratulations!! And Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you and your girlfriend would enjoy a lot the chinparenting. Both your babies are gorgeous

As far as getting them to trust you goes, you can either bribe with treats(Not really the road I'd go down as treats are bad for them if given in excessive amounts) or you can just let time take its toll. When I got my first chin a year and a half ago, he was a spaz when I tried to pick him up, but after about 6 months or so, he was jumping on to my shoulder/head straight out of his cage :) Have to do the process all over again with the 10 month 11 month old Pastel we have now...at least I know what I'm getting myself in to this time!

Hi and welcome to the world of chinnies (and their poop!) I hope you have a lot of fun with them and find them as special as we do!

Back