Hello from Maryland

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newchinmom

Family zoo keeper~
Greetings to everyone! This is Rebecca, I live in Severna Park, Maryland. It's a bit late to introduce myself cuz I posted question about my chins couple weeks ago. We have 2 kids, 2 dogs, 4 chins, 1 parakeet and 2 turtles. I thought I live with all males until 6/1 when I found out I have a new kit cawling inside the cage...The woman I got my 3 older chins from told me they were all males(I asked for males cuz I have no intention of breeding them). So in my panic moments I found this site, and I am so glad I did! After I took all my chins to the vet and got checked up and sexed(except the kit, vet told me it's only 1 day old and it's too early to be sure), I'm happy they are all in good health, but little upset cuz if I knew the mommy was pregnant I could have done more for her. Anyway, I seperated the mom and kit, they are in a temp bunny cage, and I'm looking for a new cage for them. After all settled, I will post pic for sure( I know everyone loves to see pics =@^@=).
All the people I've talked so far are all being so helpful, all willing to share info and their personal experiences. Thanks y'all. =^.^=

After I posted, my golden retriever gave me a look, then I realized I didn't do the intro on their behalf..
Ok, Captain Nemo-1 year old golden retriever
OBE-13 years old Shih Tzu
Snowball-2 years old parakeet
Speedy-turtle
Maxy-turtle
Jumble-pink white boy(dad?)
Mumble-beige/grey(?) new mommy
Bumble-pink white boy(uncle?)
Totoro-new kit

Welcome to the zoo, looks like you brought your own!

Welcome to CnH!!!

Your baby chin in your avatar is sooooo cute

:welcome2:

Welcome to the zoo, looks like you brought your own!

lol..guess I did.

picture.php

In this pic, Jumble was sitting on ledge with his feet sticking out and sleep(one of his favorite pose.) When I approached him with my camera, he slightly opened his eyes and gave me a "bug off" look, then went back to sleep! lol..

Thanks everyone~ More pics coming soon. Totoro the kit is so energetic, popcorning all the time, I've been trying to take a close shot but no luck yet~lol. Last week, mumble was taking a bath, Totoro was peeking from outside the bath house, and suddenly this little furball started to roll around right outside the bath house! It's so much fun watching it learning from mom~

:wave: Hi and welcome.
Jumble looks like a very squishable chinny. That's a wonderful photo :)

Back