hello from a newbie :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayne

hi everyone,
Just wanted to say hello, I am new to the hedgehog world.
I currently have one male Hedgehog named Tucker. He just finished getting his big boy quills so I am guessing he is about 16 weeks, I got him from a pet store so exact age is hard to know.

885286_10152613369035136_771008145_o_zpsa383703a.jpg

thank you we are happy to be here :)
We are still working on trust, but he is getting so much better now that quilling is over.
I think hes going to be one of the semi snugglers, already when I take him out he will have a few treats (catfood that isn't in his mix) then he flops on my hand and has a nap. I just sit on the couch and he cuddles in while I watch tv.

I may not know hedgehogs but I know animals, I have been taking in rescues all my life.
I do have one of my shirts in the cage which helped greatly, using the catfood as treats seems to be doing wonders as well. The only time he gets this catfood that he really really likes is when he comes out with me, so he associates the yummy food with me. Now he unballs as soon as he gets out.

Before anyone thinks that I have high hopes for a hedgehog, I know they are not cats etc. almost all the animals I have had, were broken when I got them. Some came to me hurt and scared, while others were starving and shy. Having an animal that is naturally shy with trust issues does not bother me. There is a running joke in my family, no animal of mine has ever been how they were meant to be. haha

Back