Heart broken for my Pip

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipandChipMom

After a long 5 days of wondering what was going on with my baby Pip, I decided to have to her put down. After several diagnosis's (donno how to spell it) from heart failure to pneumonia, she ended up having a fairly devastating problem with one of her teeth. The vets said it was either an infection that spread to her nasal passages and orbit (eye area), or possibly cancer. They said they could go in and take out the tooth but it would be a very invasive procedure that didn't 100% guarantee a cure for what was ailing her. So after 5 long days of x-rays, sonograms, and echos, I decided that a very stressful surgery, followed but a stressful recovery that could possibly just lead to more problems would not be ok for my baby.

Pip was my very first chinchilla after years of desperately wanting one.

She was my chubby darling. I loved waking up and seeing her beautiful face waiting for her good morning scritch and treat. Whenever we would play she would get on my shoulders and head and play with my hair or try to eat my hair band. I loved seeing her cuddle with the friend I got for her (Chip). Then sit and bitter the next second like they were truely sisters. She loved her dust baths so much I could get her to do anything as long as I could bribe her with some dust. I'm glad she was able to have one final dust bath before I let her go, it was hard to get her out.

I'm pretty heart broken because she was only 3 years old and my baby. To think of all the years I don't get to have with her... all the mornings from now on that I will wake up and only see one chinchilla face staring back at me. I love my second chinchilla but Pip will always be my first love, my first baby.

I know I only lost her today but I know I will have a hard time letting her go. I know deep down I did everything I could for her. I know everyone on this forum is here for support or else I wouldn't be writing this but can we please, please stay away from the "what ifs" cause they'll drive me crazy if there was something else I could've done.

I just want to share my memory of my first chin love and hope maybe for some advice to help through the grieving.

Thank you so much to the vets that supported me through this whole process and to my friends on chins-n-hedgies....

39796_648988669653_31206942_36870972_1543656_n.jpg

2788_564098535163_31206942_34004124_7333549_n.jpg

I'm so very sorry for your loss. It's always hard to lose a pet, but you can take comfort knowing that Pip was happy and healthy for her years with you, and she knew how much you loved her.

I'm so sorry, I know first hand how hard it is to make that decision :(
But take comfort in knowing that Pip is no longer in pain

I'm sorry for your loss. Don't worry about "what ifs" there was absolutely nothing more you could do for her. You made the best decision possible by letting her go and freeing her from pain. :hug:

I'm sorry, she was gorgeous. Give Chip some extra love. I know how you feel and my thoughts are with you. RIP Till you meet again.

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was just a beautiful girl. :(

She was a beautiful girl... I've been there too, having to put an animal down... don't ever blame yourself, you did what was right. You saved her from a life of pain.

:flowers5:

Sorry to hear about your little one. I understand your sorrow. I lost my boy Jack this spring. He was my first chin. I have alot of faces here at my house to love on. However Jack was my only chin that talked. It's really quiet in the furball room. I miss him talking to me all the time when I walked into the room.

I'm so sorry to read this. I was following Pip's thread earlier, I never posted as I'm a hedgehog person and could offer no advice. Hang in there, it is always tough to have to make this decision, even when it is the right one to make.

I know how hard it was for you to make that decision, and even though everyone tells you what you did was best you still feel devastated and heartbroken, and no words can help heal your broken heart. In time you will come to know you did what was right for your sweet Pip. And I know, someday, you will be together again.

Latest posts

Back