he finally came out of his cage:)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

oh-beast

i was reading biggie a book and i had his cage open i notice he kept sniffin the outside so i put my hand in the cage and he came out here are some pics.
also i tired given him a bath but he wont do it because his last owns shoved him there and forced him to take a bath:( they didnt do their home work so now he is scared to take a bath is their any way i can help him take a bath.? to get the matts out.?

28spifo.jpg

xbeg06.jpg

Last edited:
He's a cutie! I would do a dust bath in a pyrex dish--so it's not inclosed. Put it in his cage and leave it in there for a while to see if that entices him in.

thank you i will do laurie
also if you look at the bottom pic you can see were he is missing a leg:(

He doesn't even look like he misses that leg! I'm sure you'll have him looking better in no time. Just be patient and take time to gain his trust. That's most important.

yes the most important is to gain his trust :) witch he is starting to that is a good sign

When I first found Fleury outside, he had mats also, but a hurt arm so i didn't want him rolling in the bath til I got him to the vet to find out what was wrong. I used one of the small clear plastic totes (w/the lid off) and i put dust in it and used dust in my hand and tried to kind of rub it through his fur. It really helped a lot. And w/the mats, I just gently tugged on most of them and they came right out! Hope this helps!

When I first found Fleury outside, he had mats also, but a hurt arm so i didn't want him rolling in the bath til I got him to the vet to find out what was wrong. I used one of the small clear plastic totes (w/the lid off) and i put dust in it and used dust in my hand and tried to kind of rub it through his fur. It really helped a lot. And w/the mats, I just gently tugged on most of them and they came right out! Hope this helps!

thankou i will try that :)

AWWWW she is cute! (Just read your other thread!) Can't wait to see her in a month or so with good food and dust baths and love!

he sure is cute. Thank god he found a new owner that is gonna love and care for him for the rest of his life.

she will be a beauty after some time I bet. Congrats! and don't worry missing a foot won't slow her one bit

thank you all i just took her out for play time and she loved it :) and yes i am working on getting rid of her matts :)
also you are correct that missing foot does not slow her down one bit:)

i bet shes already much happier than she was at her old home. i bet after a while she wont even remember all the bad things that has happened to her and just be glad to have you

Back