Hay Cube ?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paws4Chins

Chin Spirit
I would like to sting hay cubes on a chain or wire to make a hanging toy. For those of you that have done this what is the best way to string hay cubes...they seem kind of fragile. Do you have to drill a hole or can the wire be inserted without a predrilled hole.

I have drilled holes in hay cubes without any issues. They don't fall apart in the process. Now, I have also tried to insert wire through them without a hole and it was impossible. They are packed way too tight.

I agree with Crysta. I've also taken a small phillips screw driver and kind of chiseled through when I didn't have a drill. It was a new screw driver and I just cleaned it super well before doing it.

I tried nailing a nail through it at first. Now I just drill it. I sort of drill all things chinchilla though. BWhahahahahahahah

I drill them also, I used to try to drill them slowely but that makes them seperate and fall apart so just drill normal speed and it works fine :)

Back