Have you ever seen a panda chinchilla PIC

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ETC

HOME OF EXTREME MOSAICS!
This is Panda my extreme eb white from Jags, she is half DARK black and half white with a grey face.....
I had to take a picture through the cage as she would jump away if I opened the door.....
she is adorable and VERY sweet.
I am a lucky chin mama!

panda.jpg

ETC, is this the same chin as your avatar? What unique markings!! Panda is such a beautiful girl!

I have always wondered...is it just luck of the draw to get a mosaic heavily marked like this or is there a cumulative gene to get an extreme mosaic? Are mosaics or eb mosaics more likely to be more heavily marked?

She is adorable. When I first started out I wanted one with siamese markings and the "respectable" ( I use that term very loosly) breeder that I initally started learning from said they were rare and worth a lot because it was a recessive gene (blahblahblah) complete BS and they discouraged me from going to a show. Thankfully I met Dawnna O'leary from chocolate chinchillas and she took me with to a show and corrected a lot of my previous knowledge....Any way now that I have rambled. Beautiful chinchilla!

As for markings a lot of people have therioes on how to get markings. My best markings come from chinchillas that are standard out of a white..bred to a white so like Neptune is a standard, but his Dad was white. When I breed him to Daisy Mae who is white I have gotten some cool kits.

She is very cute!

Just so there is no confusion, though, panda is a descriptive term, and not a color. She is a mosaic (at a show), or an ebony mosaic for selling purposes.

She is very cute!

Just so there is no confusion, though, panda is a descriptive term, and not a color. She is a mosaic (at a show), or an ebony mosaic for selling purposes.

Sorry, Panda is the NAME of my chinchilla.......sorry for the confusion if someone actually thought it was a colour,,,,,,she is an eb white mosaic.

Your mosaics are GORGEOUS!! I always said if I got one with heavy markings I'd name her Panda. Great name:thumbsup:

So cute! You know, it's taken me a long time to decide, but I think light scale violets and mosaics are my favourite mutations. I just love the variants!

Aww, cute Panda Chin! Does she sneeze and scare the other chins? :hilarious:

What a pretty girl, Panda is certainly a good name for her. :)) You have some lovely striking mosaics.

She is adorable. When I first started out I wanted one with siamese markings and the "respectable" ( I use that term very loosly) breeder that I initally started learning from said they were rare and worth a lot because it was a recessive gene (blahblahblah) complete BS and they discouraged me from going to a show.

Oh, you too! :) That's the first time I've heard someone else say they like chins with siamese markings. I've had Siamese cats my whole life, so am always a complete sucker for any animal with a darker mask on the face (especially if they have a darker tail/paws, too). Some chinnies I've seen so far with really noticeable markings like that have been TOV (saw a TOV Pink White like that at a recent show, I guessed he might have the velvet gene as soon as I saw him, since he had a really distinct mask and all beigey fur sort of mixed in with the white - gorgeous! :heart3:). Yet, in whites TOV doesn't always show in the markings at all, so I guess it must be to do with other genetic factors as well.
I figured to start out, it might be better for me to focus on velvet first (pairing velvet to standard), as it's perhaps the strongest mutation, and they do kind of have a face mask. Maybe I would be able to introduce white later, and see if I got my 'Siamese chin'. :))

Back