Have Chin Spin/Not Happy With Flying Saucer

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinwawa

Besotted Chinchilla Lover
My first young chin has a Flying Saucer in her FN cage.

My new 6 year old rehomes just got 2 Chin Spins installed in their Ferret Mansion Cage (not from Quality cage, From Midwest).

I noticed two things:

First off the Chin Spins are way more quiet than the Flying Saucer. I do need to brace the Flying Saucer with wood. But I also noticed that when my chin runs on the Flying Saucer, one side of her is higher than the other because of the angle on the dish of the Flying Saucer. I don't like how this makes her run. Also she is only about 6 months old and she seems kind of big for the Saucer and she swoops off of it sometimes.

My other two who came with those terrible wire mesh wheels that were too small for them and roungh wire (poor things had to use those for 6 years)took to the Chin Spins in about 5 minutes and run like the wind on those. The Chin Spins do not rattle the cage and the wheels themselves are very quiet.

Just thought I would share my experience. Will be buying a third Chin Spin when my overtime kicks in during September.

Back