hardwood dowels safe??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cookie

So I've seen hardwood dowels around here and I'm just wondering if they are safe to use or not. All they say on the packaging is "hardwood" and I've asked the people who work there if they know what kind of wood it is but they don't. Has anyone ever used these before?? I've seen them at hardware stores as well as micheals craft store. thanks.

If uncertain of the wood than I would not use them. Some/most craft store items are sold for making crafts and not for consumption as they could possibly be treated. I have seen wood dowels at bird toy supply companies online that would be safe for chins.

I agree with Sandi. When in doubt, just don't give it to your chin.

Things from the craft store may look cute, but it's not meant for consumption. At hardware stores, the only thing safe for chins is probably the KD pine wood (some thing used for the houses, ledges, shelves in their homes).

In general, if you're looking online or in the pet stores, things safe for birds are most likely safe for chins.

Latest posts

Back