Hand Feeding Questions

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright. She hates me so much haha. She keeps trying to spray me but then once i get her in the chinchilla taco, she relaxes a bit more and eats the gravy. I'm so glad I found you guys, I have hope for my baby now. I almost feel like the vet is trying to get money out of me now.
I'm going to do her 2nd feeding now
Wish me luck

My chinchilla always puts up such a fight. It's stressing me out. I'm worried that I'm hurting her.

The vet assistant suggested I feed her greens? Isn't this bad for them? I feel so sad and stressed.

No greens, just her mush. Handfeeding will get easier most of the time after a few days once she finds out you won't eat her!

Agree with Dawn...as soon as they figure out it is food and not poison it generally goes much smoother. I have one that I handfed 6- 12 times a day for 3 1/2 months because he was critically ill. If I put even an empty syringe anywhere near his mouth he immediately closes his eyes, goes to his happy place and starts smacking his lips!

It does get better!

Back