hair ring problem

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaeway

Scurries!!!
Ok, so I finally got Moche to sit for a hair ring check. I usually check while he's cleaning himself and have never seen one. Well he had been doing it a lot more the past week or so, and I never could catch him. I checked (wow that was a chore) and he had a huge hair ring. It seemed dried on. I got the ky and used it to ease it off. I got it off. But his junk seem slightly irritated. I tried checking today, but once again I couldn't get his package out (this has always been a problem). Should I be doing anything else? I'm worried about possibe infections or something. Could there be damage? He's only cleaned himself once since then that I know of. It seemed ok, but the light wasn't good. I may just be over reacting, but I just want to make sure he's ok. Hes my baby.

Just keep an eye on him. Usually if it's retracted back into the sheath, they are fine. He probably was a little swollen from the hair ring, but the biggest thing is usually returning the penis back to normal, which it sounds like you did. If he's not worrying at it, then just watch him.

Latest posts

Back