hair ring check not going well

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pm4k

Aside from the struggling we can't get his falus to come out. We watched the videos and have given it time and effort. Any suggestions?

Usually when that happens you find out he is really a she. Post a pic and we can tell you if it is futile.

It is a he. We've seen it and he has never shot pee at us. And when we took him to a rescue to try and get another she even commented on it being a him.

Wait, you took him in to trade for another one or just get another chinchilla all together along with him? When I had issues with checking for hair rings I took my chin into an experienced vet and they showed me how to handle a fussy one and how to properly check, you may want to just try that. But... my he did turn out to be a she and she's never sprayed.

Nerk, we wanted to get get Rory a buddy.

We have seen him cleaning himself. There is no mistake, it was a penis. First time we saw it we had to take a closer look because we couldn't believe how long they are.

Sometimes you may need to use a little KY. If you still have problems, I second taking him to a vet and having them help you. ZZ had a hair ring once and my husband refused to help me remove it so I had to take him to the vet for help. No one there had ever done it before, but they were able to help me hold him so I could remove it.

Back