Hair clump on penis and under chin.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moolelo

Last night checked on Pikachu and he was messing with his penis and it seemed to have a fluff tip of its own. Sure enough when I held him and used some moisture to loosen it, I was able to pull of a clump of hair from the tip of his penis. Has anyone had this happen before? It wasn't wrapped around, but stuck to the tip and he couldn't get it off himself.
He seemed fine this morning, but I checked on him again and noticed he has a nice little clump of fur matted under his chin, about the size of a large BB. I moved his water bottle lower so that when he drinks it doesn't run down his chin (for some reason he always does this and none of the other chins have issues with it).
Should I be worried about either issue any further or both? His penis seems fine now and I'll keep checking, but I am not sure about the clump under his chin?

sounds like he had the beginnings of a hair ring, so it's good that you managed to remove it.

The clump under his chin could be just water running down after he drinks. Maybe keep an eye on it and make sure the clump doesn't get any bigger. Also, is it always wet, or only after he has a drink? Have you ever seen him drooling?
Drooling can be a sign of tooth issues, though if I was you, I wouldn't panic about this quite yet.

It's probably just the water, but I'd watch how he eats (maybe keep track of his weight, if you don't already do that) and drinks, and make sure there's no drool. If you do see drool, then he'll need a vet check and some x-rays to rule out dental issues. Here's hoping all is well!

Sounds like he was interupted during cleaning and sperm was still on the penis and attached itself to the fur, I had to cut a penis out of a chest fur once, it was that stuck.

Back