Guess what...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn. My answer was going to be "Chicken butt", but "Surprise, a baby!" is pretty good news too. Congratulations!!!

But wow! I'm about 11 weeks now?? Due Oct 22. :)

That is a very good time of the year to be born. 10/22/81 was my mother's due date with me; I was born early the next day. :thumbsup:

Since I live with a kid that's going to be a big brother literally any second now (mom was 2 cm dilated Tuesday at the doctor, so I keep expecting a knock on my bedroom door telling me they're on the way to the hospital), I've been doing a lot talking about how Big Brothers can help with baby sisters, etc. A couple of books in heavy rotation these days are "I'm a Big Brother" by Joanna Cole (http://www.amazon.com/Im-Big-Brothe...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270355772&sr=1-1) and "Hello Baby" by Lizzie Rockwell (I think). I know Remy's younger than the kid I nanny for, but books are always a good tool for preparing for this kind of thing. Good luck and Congrats again!

I agree!

Did you take antibiotics?

Nope. But supposedly the birth control I'm on is only 97% compared to most at 99% because it's the only pill compatible with breastfeeding.
Darn. My answer was going to be "Chicken butt", but "Surprise, a baby!" is pretty good news too. Congratulations!!!

That is a very good time of the year to be born. 10/22/81 was my mother's due date with me; I was born early the next day. :thumbsup:

Since I live with a kid that's going to be a big brother literally any second now (mom was 2 cm dilated Tuesday at the doctor, so I keep expecting a knock on my bedroom door telling me they're on the way to the hospital), I've been doing a lot talking about how Big Brothers can help with baby sisters, etc. A couple of books in heavy rotation these days are "I'm a Big Brother" by Joanna Cole (http://www.amazon.com/Im-Big-Brothe...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270355772&sr=1-1) and "Hello Baby" by Lizzie Rockwell (I think). I know Remy's younger than the kid I nanny for, but books are always a good tool for preparing for this kind of thing. Good luck and Congrats again!

And thanks!! I did want to get him a couple books, even though he's in a stage where he'd rather "read" the books by himself.

Did you take antibiotics?

This is what actually happened to me...I was about two months post partum w/Colton...and had strep? Anyhow, I'd been on birth control for about 7yrs...went off, got pregnant (intentionally) with Colton. Put back on the pill...FORGOT that if you take antibiotics you need back up protection until your new pack of pills...thought that was only for when you were ON the antibiotics...and along came Teegan...she's a whole 11months younger than Colton?

It's great though...to see them playing together already...I can't wait till they're both out of diapers :) I was going to get fixed because of the god aweful pregnancies...but decided against it and just got a Mirena...not entirly thrilled with it though.

Oh, anyhow, about this
But supposedly the birth control I'm on is only 97% compared to most at 99% because it's the only pill compatible with breastfeeding.

That's absolutely true...I remember right after Colton (when I was still breastfeeding) I was looking into options...I opted for other methods because they mentioned how you had to be VERY meticulous about taking it at exactly the same time each day because of it's effectiveness...

SOOOO...that all said...CONGRATS! I tell you, it can be rough the first few weeks...but when they get to the point where the new baby is sleeping through the night my god it's great! I love having two children that are so close. Colton LOVES his baby sister...he's SO gentle with her and loving...brings her toys when she cries and just tries to make her happy.

SOOOO...what are you hoping for? When I found out I was having a girl I think everyone else was happier for me than I was. Granted, I LOVE my daughter...she's beautiful and smart and just such a blossom...but honestly? I'd have been just as happy with another boy. I had to go out and get all new clothes...and to be honest? I'm already thinking years ahead to the "don't let your dad meet your boyfriend" years :) PLUS prom...and all the other things in life that just "cost you more" with a girl LOL!

Aww thats great news!!! Congrats to you guys!!

If you dont mind, i'd love for everyone to send us some baby dust!! Its been over a year and a half of trying here & nothing. Its SO hard, but i feel blessed that if anything i at least have my beautiful son & thats more than some people are given.

Anyways, enjoy it, as you already know, its going to fly right by!!

Congrats again!!

Congrats - good luck with the 'hot summer months'!
Being the oldest of 9, I remember the suffering my mother did!
But, that was before air conditioning, haha!

Last edited:
Back