Grrrr....Super Pet

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTChin

defender of all animals
I'm waiting on an answer to my letter that I sent them. My guys love the bark bites. I buy 4 or 5 packages at a time and give everyone a special treat. Recently my pet store replaced Bark Bites with Natural Bites from Super Pet. They must be so new I can't even find it on their website. Well I go to hand them out and I notice what looks like a drip of glue on the side of a piece. I look closer and sure enough, the "bark," which looks to good to be true, is glued on!!!! WTH???? I am NOT handing these out until I find out what the glue is. It is bad enough they get these processed in China but to use glue??

I seriously hope these are not replacing bark bites! :hair:

Yeah, they seem to like to use glue, and I don't like it.

I bought some loofah citrus wedges made by them to put on my website but I haven't put them up because when I got them in, the loofah is glued onto the wood citrus wedge. I've been meaning to email them, but never have. I just don't like the idea of putting glue onto something that an animal is going to chew up and potentially eat, even if the glue is non-toxic.

I know...the shipping is so high lately that I've been deterred. My last batch of apple sticks was a disappointment. I honestly can't say who I bought it from but I stored the sticks properly and they still got green fungus. A lot of the batch was toothpick size. If there is anyone you can recommend, please pm me :)

Yeah, they seem to like to use glue, and I don't like it.

I bought some loofah citrus wedges made by them to put on my website but I haven't put them up because when I got them in, the loofah is glued onto the wood citrus wedge. I've been meaning to email them, but never have. I just don't like the idea of putting glue onto something that an animal is going to chew up and potentially eat, even if the glue is non-toxic.

Exactly. They think they are pulling the wool over our eyes but I got news for them!

That's gross.

It'd be way cheaper for you to purchase safe wood sticks from a trusted vendor here than to buy them from the petstore. :)

I agree with lauralynne.. I used to buy the bark bites every once in a while too, but Ware and Super Pet wood have both been changing on the shelves. Ware even has "Fruit Wood" chews with absolutely no indication of what kind of fruit it comes from. So I decided to buy from a seller on here and my boys loved the new wood so much more, now I'll never buy wood at the store again.

Personally, I recommend StaceyWolf for apple wood. Pet Products by Nature has a huge variety that my chinnies love, but I haven't tried their apple yet.

There are other vendors here who have been given great reviews, I just haven't purchased from them yet.

I've been meaning to email them, but never have.

I might not even bother. I emailed them to ask what the ingredients were in their cage cleaner about 6 months ago. I was polite and everything in my email and even mentioned I bought one of their cages. I've heard from others they don't respond either. I mean, they must get a million emails a day--not saying they are solely to blame it just might be a waste of your time is all.

OP- that's a bummer. I usually don't buy their treats. I have a cage (my temporary cage), a carrier for vet visits and a dust house both of which I inherited with Chloe, and a water bottle. Oh and a couple lava ledges which seem to be a hit, though. It most likely would be cheaper to buy from people on here and probably safer.

Personally, I recommend StaceyWolf for apple wood. Pet Products by Nature has a huge variety that my chinnies love, but I haven't tried their apple yet.

There are other vendors here who have been given great reviews, I just haven't purchased from them yet.

I ordered apple from Pet Products last time she had it in stock. Shelly loves to destroy it. I've always gotten good wood from PPBN. If you go to her site she has monthly specials. It's a nice way to save a little. I stocked up last time she had her cotton wood on sale. :D

You know...I remember now ordering from PPBN! I ordered a few things but they weren't labeled. I'll have to ask her to do that this time. The wood was all good quality. I think I figured out it was Pecan that none of my chins like but I'm not positive. Hmmm...wish I could remember for sure..

Try a snack pack. It has a little of everything. You can also ask Barbi to send you a sample of a wood that you want to try. That is how I discovered Shelly's love of cottonwood and rosehips.

Back