Greenie Cat Treats

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil_Branchette

I recently went to a petstore to look at some cat treats called Greenies. They're really popular, and I heard they were really good. I looked at the ingredients, and everything seemed fine except for this one ingredient "...preserved with mixed Tocopherols". What's that? I looked it up, but the articles I got contained words that made my brain hurt. Waaaaaaaaay too scientific. So can anyone explain to me what tocopherols are in normal English?

Also, what's Glycerin? Is that a bad thing? I don't want to be giving my cat bad treats.

Here's the list of ingredients for Feline Greenies:
Ingredients: Chicken Meal, Ground Brewers Rice, Ground Wheat, Corn Gluten Meal, Poultry Fat (Preserved With Mixed Tocopherols), Sprayed Dried Hydrolyzed Chicken Protein Concentrate, Oat Fiber, Natural Chicken Flavor, Vegetable Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Natural Poultry and Fish Flavor, Sodium Gluconate, Brewer's Dried Yeast, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, Glucono-delta-lactone, Citric Acid, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Vitamins: [Vitamin A Supplement, D-Activated Animal Sterol (Source of Vitamin D3 Supplement), dl-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate (Source of Vitamin E), Niacin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity), Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement], Minerals: [Zinc Proteinate; Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Iron Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide], Mixed Tocopherols, Rosemary Extract, DL Methionine, Chlorophyll.

Is there anything else that's unhealthy?

Latest posts

Back