Green poop!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamba

Hi all!

Hoping for Some advice on this.

I got my hedgie, Jamba about month ago and I noticed that a few days after i got him, a small part of his poop was green and goey. i read up on this and i learned that it could be because of stress, so i assumed that it was because he had a new home. The next day, his poop was fine, no green gooey stuff.

a week passed and upon spening a whole day with hom at home, I noticed scratching, he had mites! I sent immediately sent him to the vet and they tested and treated him with a mild mite spray. When he popped about that same day, I noticed that although most of his poop was normal I'm texture and color, there was a small part wherein it was again, green and goey. I assumed it was die to the stress from being at the vet and coming home. (His mites were completely gone 3days after the treatment)

Next couple of days he had normal poop, then again a small part was green and going. It's always about 1/4 an inch in size(green gooey poop) and the rest are always normal poop.

It's been like an on and off thing, but it still does worry me. Would anyone be able to giver advise on this one? It would be much appreciated.

Just a short background:

I am from the Philippines, a tropical country, thus his cage doesn't need a heater because the temperature here is perfect for hedgies. His cage is very big and has a mix oif shavings, blankets(curderoy, fleece). I'm waiting for my carefresh to arrive from the US so I could use that instead of shavings.

Back